Are there universities that accept Low JAMB score for 2023 UTME?
Yes, there are some institutions that accept low JAMB scores. Here are some things you can do:
1. Look for institutions that offer courses that are related to your field of interest but have a lower cutoff mark for JAMB.
2. Consider polytechnics and colleges of education as they may have lower cutoff marks compared to universities.
3. Apply to institutions that offer pre-degree programs, these programs help to prepare students for university-level work and may have lower JAMB cutoffs.
4. Consider taking your chances in a few private universities that have lower cut-off marks compared to government-owned universities.
It is important to note that while these institutions may accept lower scores, it’s still important to work hard and strive to improve your scores as it will better your chances of success in the long run.
Apply Now: Keiser University Athletic Scholarships 2023
List of federal universities accepting low JAMB score 2023
The cutoff marks for admission into federal universities in Nigeria are usually high and competitive. However, some federal universities may have a lower cutoff mark for certain courses. Here are a few federal universities that accept low JAMB scores:
1. Federal University Gusau (FUGUS)
2. Federal University Dutsin-Ma (FUDMA)
3. Federal University Kashere (FUKashere)
4. Federal University Lokoja (FULOKOJA)
5. Federal University Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
6. Federal University Gashua (FUGASHUA)
7. Federal University Ndifu-Alike Ikwo (FUNAI)
8. Federal University Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
9. Federal University Wukari (FUWUKARI)
10. Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE)
It is important to keep in mind that the cutoff marks for admission into these institutions can change yearly. Therefore, it’s best to confirm with the institutions’ admission office to make sure you meet their requirements before applying.
See Also: NECO Result Checker 2023
list of state universities that accepting Low JAMB score 2023
State universities in Nigeria also have their own admission requirements, and some may accept lower JAMB scores for certain courses. Here are a few state universities that may accept lower JAMB scores:
1. Kebbi State University of Science and Technology (KSUSTA)
2. Delta State University (DELSU)
3. Bauchi State University (BASUG)
4. Sokoto State University (SSU)
5. Taraba State University (TSU)
6. Niger Delta University (NDU)
7. Gombe State University (GSU)
8. Lagos State University (LASU)
9. Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH)
10. Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
It is important to note that admission into these universities highly depends on the cutoff marks and availability of admission spaces for the year, it is best to always obtain up-to-date information before making any admission decisions.
Apply Now: Bola Tinubu Student Loan Application
List of Federal polytechnics that accept Low JAMB score
Most polytechnics in Nigeria give much consideration to O’level results and acceptance is based on merit, however, there are a few federal polytechnics that may accept lower JAMB scores. Below are some federal polytechnics that may consider admission with Low JAMB score:
1. Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State (EKITIPOLY)
2. Federal Polytechnic Bali, Taraba State (BALIPOLY)
3. Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger State (BIDAPOLY)
4. Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State (DAMATURUPOLY)
5. Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State (EDEPOLY)
6. Federal Polytechnic Idah, Kogi State (IDAH-POLY)
7. Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State (ILAROPOLY)
8. Federal Polytechnic Mubi, Adamawa State (MUBIPOLY)
9. Federal Polytechnic Nassarawa, Nassarawa State (NASSARAWA-POLY)
10. Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Kebbi State (WUFPBK)
It’s important to note that the admission process for polytechnics varies and cut-off marks may fluctuate. Ensure to confirm the requirements for admission with the institution before making any decisions.
List of state polytechnics that accept Low JAMB score
Similar to federal polytechnics, most state polytechnics in Nigeria give much consideration to O’level results, however, there are a few state polytechnics that may accept lower JAMB scores. Below are some state polytechnics that may consider admission with Low JAMB score:
1. Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola (ADAMAWAPOLY)
2. Abia State Polytechnic, Aba (ABIAPOLY)
3. Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku (DSPG)
4. Kaduna State Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
5. Osun State Polytechnic, Iree (OSUNPOLY)
6. Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja (KOGI-POLY)
7. Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin (KWARAPOLYE)
8. Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo (IMOPOLY)
9. Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Igboora (OYSCATECH)
10. Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
It is important to note that admission processes vary with institutions. Therefore, it’s best to confirm with the institutions’ admission office to make sure you meet their requirements before applying.
List of private institutions that accept Low JAMB score for admission
Private institutions in Nigeria may also accept lower JAMB scores for admission. Here are some private institutions that may consider admission with low JAMB scores:
1. Afe Babalola University (ABUAD), Ekiti state
2. Crawford University, Lagos
3. Lead City University, Ibadan
4. Bowen University, Iwo
5. Adeleke University, Osun State
6. Caleb University, Lagos
7. Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU), Osun State
8. Fountain University, Osogbo
9. Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
10. Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
It is important to note that these institutions have their admission requirements and standards, hence, it is best to confirm with the institutions’ admission office to make sure you meet their requirements before applying.
List of Colleges of education that gives admission without JAMB
The admission process into most Colleges of Education in Nigeria require candidates to have taken the UTME examination and have chosen the institution as one of their choice. Some Colleges of Education, however, may offer admission without JAMB. Below are some Colleges of Education in Nigeria that may offer admission without JAMB:
1. Federal College of Education (Technical), Potiskum, Yobe State (FCETPOTISKUM)
2. Federal College of Education, Yola, Adamawa State (FCEYOLA)
3. Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba, Delta State (FCETASABA)
4. Isa Kaita College of Education, Katsina State (IKCOE)
5. Federal College of Education (Technical), Gombe State (FCETGOMBE)
6. Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun (OSSCEILA)
7. Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Lagos (AOCOED)
8. Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri, Imo State (ALVAN)
9. Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin, Kwara State (KWCOEILORIN)
10. Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku, Rivers State (FCETOMOKU)
It is important to note that the admission process and application requirements vary among Colleges of Education. Hence, prospective candidates may need to contact the institutions and verify the admission processes before applying.